LESSON 1 TOLERATIONS
- Understand that putting up with things is good for no one.
- Make a list of 10 things you are tolerating at home.
- Make the request, and /or take the actions to eliminate those items.
- Make a list of things you are tolerating at work.
- Make a request and/ or take action to eliminate them.
- Understand that you are getting payoffs by tolerating these things!
- Be willing and committed to being toleration free.
- STOP complaining; instead, make a strong request.
- Invest $1000 as soon as possible to handle the tasks and chores that pain you.
- After doing steps 1 – 9 above, do them again!
Realize what tolerations do and why you have so many Tolerations are like brakes slowing your naturally rapid personal development and evolution process. Rapid personal development sounds like a wonderful thing, (and it is) but it can also be scary. When there’s a wished-for change, we enjoy the exhilaration for a while and then suddenly realize how attached we have been to both the good and the bad of the old situation. Like falling in love, for example, and then later starting to wonder if this is the right person or if it would have been better to stay unattached. In other words, FEAR leads us to install tolerations. Tolerations are anything that slows things down enough to let us feel a bit safer. Consciously or unconsciously we hook up with tolerations in order to feel more secure, especially in key relationships, where the thought of a failure is extremely scary. BUT when we link a toleration to a relationship, it’s like tying a small weight around the neck of a bird. In other words, tolerations hold down our potential and the potential in our relationships. In reality, the less you tolerate, the better you’ll be at saying no to anything that would slow you down You are probably thinking it’s impossible to eliminate tolerations and fulfill all your roles: Parent, wage earner, artist, etc at the same time. BUT YOU CAN ! it just means responding to things differently. I DARE YOU TO GIVE ELIMINATING TOLERATIONS A TRY Make a list of 50 things you are tolerating in your life.
You might even want to invite them to get rid of their own tolerations. This is usually the easiest way to include people in the process. Some last thoughts on tolerations. Tolerations are the tail; your life is the dog: meaning that you begin to identify and eliminate tolerations is going to cause some unexpected changes. The existing symbiosis, balance, and harmony of your life will be upset by your evolution. There will be fallout. Waves of some sort or another will be made. If this were not true you would not have tolerated so much for so long.